Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2821
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    It's a Blockbuster. The XL might make it better, but as it is, it's just another rehash. If you're a RotTK fan, then I'd pick it up. Otherwise, rental.

    Got Tales of Legendia US. The English VAs are doing as good of a job as the Japanese. Plus Cam Clarke (Ryudo, TMNT, Auron, Liquid snake, and more awesome roles) is in it as Will.

    Actually, Shirley's voice is ass. It must be them trying to carry over the squeaky damsel in distress voice from the Japanese. Girls don't naturally have that squeaky of voices, so it just plain fails. Hard.

    Music alone is worth playing the game for. Battle system's alright, story's alright, but the character development is some of the best I've ever seen in an RPG.

    Whoops. Sorry, HDD burning's become as common as buying for me.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 21, 2006 02:59 PM: Message edited by: Xellos ]</font>

  2. #2822
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like Cam Clarke.
    I like the torrent of new RPG's coming out now.
    I like my PS2's HDD.

    I think everyone should get a HDD for their PS2; i use it so much i take it for granted now. Its the most useful feature of the PS2, even though its woefully unauthorized.

  3. #2823
    Inactive Member melfice's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    4,689
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Metal Gear Online? is possible something the like?

    Currently i'm looking for a game which can be run offline, and in a GForce 440 MX with 64 megs of V-RAM

  4. #2824
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ummm... worms might be a surefire bet.

    Anyone here getting MGS3:Subsistence for the online section? Or, in fact, getting it at all?

  5. #2825
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Xellos: Could you edit your post? We cannot encourage piracy here.

  6. #2826
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Melfice - It seems to work. Ive seen videos of the japanese version, and its very different to all other online action games. The general tone of play seems very light-hearted, with some objectives being based around capturing a Kerotan frog, and also being able to leave adult magazines on the floor to distract an unsuspecting enemy. And thats not to mention the infamous box.

    We need a granaboard clan.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ February 21, 2006 11:25 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  7. #2827
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I rented Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for XBox, when I get a 360 I will be getting the 360 version. Now I've bought Black and playing it, I haven't started the fourth mission, however.

  8. #2828
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I actually want to play Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. The many good reviews it got seem to highlight the tactical gameplay, which i like in FPS's. Probably best to get the X360 version though.

    Uhhh...so that in no way brings me on to my next question:

    Should i wait for the DS Lite, or should i just buy the standard DS now?

    based on what ive heard so far, it seems the pros and cons wiegh out thusly:

    DS Lite Pros
    -4 brightness levels (with the normal DS one being the lowest of the four).
    - Now an 18-20 hours battery life, thanks 1000 mAh battery, instead of 850 mAh.
    -Marginally smaller (as shown here).
    -Spring loaded, and more rounded ABXY buttons.
    -Thicker, longer stylus.

    DS Lite Cons
    -The D-pad...is even smaller and sharper now. Ouch.
    -Smaller speakers, suggests lower quality
    -Risk of other components being lower quality/less durable.
    -Not out now.
    -Costs slightly more.

  9. #2829
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I plan on buying a DS Lite, even though I have a DS already.

    DS is just too big. I can't fit it in most of my pant pockets.

    Plus the DS Lite just looks prettier &lt;&lt; I'm a consumer whore.

  10. #2830
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, i'll wait too then. I didnt think the DS was that big, but then i havent tried travelling with it. This is something a lot of people have been complaining about as well.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ March 01, 2006 05:40 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •